If you need extra help in school and you have an education health care plan (EHCP)  there will be a Connexions PA (Personal Adviser) linked to your school to help you. The PA can help you and your parents work out a plan for what you want to do after you leave school. The plan will help you put together what is important to you with your next steps and your goals in life.

If you don’t have an EHCP you can ask your careers teacher at school for help with this.


How we can help

Pexels Nataliya Vaitkevich 7488129

Your PA can meet you in school, talk to you and talk to your parents/carers to help you plan. We put your ideas and choices together into a careers action plan, which may have some things your or your PA needs to do. Your PA also attend your EHCP reviews to talk to your school, your parents and other people working with you so that everyone works together to support you.


Education health care plans

The education health care plan says who you are, what you want to do and help you need.

Easy read EHCP plan information – Click here



Transitions are the changes from being a young person to an adult. It can also means the change from school to college from learning to work and from children to adult services.



Options at 16

If you leave school at 16 your PA can help you with finding out about what to do next.

Most young people go to college or sixth form to continue learning subjects or new subject linked to their aspirations and interests

Your Connexions PA is there to meet with you in years 9, 10 and 11 to help you with your choices. – Click here for more info


Options at 19

Pexels Monstera 6238027

If you leave school aged 19 your PA can help you with your options. Some young people go into college, training or have daytime activities through something called a transitions assessment if they do not want to stay in learning. Your PA can help signpost you to services who can help you with this.

Transition into work

You may feel work is the option you want,  for information on this please visit our employment page Click here.



Kids SENDIASS – Click here

Dudley Young persons information hub – Click here

Dudley Local offer for information for young people – Click here