You may be having taxi transport to school now. At your Year 9, 10 and 11 annual review, it will be discussed with your school, PA, and parents, whether you are ready to start Independent Travel Training.

This is one to one help from a Travel Trainer from Dudley Council, who will help you with road safety, planning your journey, personal safety and how to use public transport. Training takes place over a period of time, to suit the needs of the learner. Being an Independent Traveller will help you to move to college or another course in your future.

In the future if you need a taxi to travel to college or sixth form your parent/carer will need to pay towards the cost of this transport due to recent changes in guidelines on taxi transport.

Please see the links below for more information.

If you or your parent/carer have any questions please speak to your Personal Adviser or you can contact Dave Corbett (Dudley Transport Team) for more information: Telephone: 01384 814301.

Connexions Dudley Transport Support

The links below will help you see what support maybe available.

  • Click here to read about important changes to getting taxi transport to your future college or sixth form place.
  • Click here to read a flyer all about how to become an independent traveller.
  • Click here to find out more about getting a free pass for bus travellers with certain learning difficulties and/or disabilities.